Thursday, March 03, 2011

Home

Home
by
Phoenix Hocking

It matters not what scene I see
Before my eyes. It could be
Ozark hills, green and fair,
Misty mornings shining there

Or grand Mount Shasta on its toes
Kissing the sky with a snowy nose,
Or Mexican flowers sliding down
Blanketing this tiny town.

Behind my eyes, the scenes I see
Are memories that cling to me
A shining strip of silver beach
And boats that sail beyond my reach

Waves crash o’er the breakwater wall
Summers hot, and warm the Fall,
The Queen of Missions regally poses
Wearing a skirt of climbing roses.

In the hand of God I place my plea,
May home be home again to me,
I kiss my wish, and let it go,
My child, coatless, in the snow.

March 3, 2011
Alamos, Sonora, Mexico


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]