Sunday, December 12, 2010

Fantasy

Fantasy

by

Phoenix Hocking



Vines hang from the roof like a bed ruffle

Playing games with the sunlight

Whispering secrets to the wind



I imagine you here beside me

Reading, drinking rum and coke,

Glancing up now and then to smile at me



In my minds eye, you live here

Once again, you hold me, you love me

You bless me, you are mine



I close my eyes and feel your hand in mine,

Moonlight kisses us both

As darkness clothes us in her security



You stroke my face with the back of your fingers

Kiss my neck, whisper love and desire

You are here, you are mine, you love me



A dog barks, rousing me from my fantasy

And once again it only the vines I see

Hanging from the roof, like a bed ruffle

And not you.



December 12, 2010

Alamos, Sonora, Mexico

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]